Monday, February 28, 2011

KKSC 67: Scallops!

Hi all,

I am playing along with this week's Kraftin' Kimmie challenge: #67, to use scallops!  I love the Annie Rodrigue images, and scallops are always so much fun too!

Here is my card:

My card base is Brushed Gold CS, and then I added a piece of Heidi Grace DSP - this paper is delicious! It is slightly foiled, and they have glittered it too - love it.  That has Basic Black and PTI White mats, and the black and DSP pieces are punched with EK Success jumbo scallop punches.
On top of that, I added a Bermuda Bay strip, matted with black and white again.  I rolled a swirl-patterned wheel over the green piece with Bermuda Bay ink, and I added a piece of dull gold ribbon to that strip with a couple of Martha Stewart pearls to top it off.  The white mat was punched with my SU scallop edge punch. 

I stamped the adorable Rapunzel onto Bella's Bestest Paper with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  I coloured her mostly with Copics, but I added some shading with my Prismacolor Pencils and OMS.  I added some sponging with my Wheat ink around the image too.  I matted that onto a Basic Black piece, then a PTI White piece.

I had a blast with this one, and I think this fairy tale line might be my favourite!

Hope you enjoyed, and thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Tara Cardwell said...

I love the colouring on her hair - it's brilliant!