Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Farm Fresh Friday: Texturize!

Hi all,

Well, it has been AGES since I played along with a challenge on the Splendid Stamping blog!  Their challenge from last Friday looked like a fun one, so I pitched in!  The challenge is to use 2 or 3 different textures on your card - could be embossing, glossy accents, Flower Soft, etc.

Here is mine:
I used an adorable Cheeky Cherry stamp called Cheeky Mate - she is a ball of hotness! LOL

My card base is Very Vanilla - haven't used that in ages either - I am a pure white kind of gal usually.  The next layer is Always Artichoke CS, with a Basic Black mat.  The mat was punched with my Martha Stewart crown edge punch, and I added some gun metal Stickles to the points (but I don't think you can see that very well).
The next layer is a Basic Black piece, embossed with my Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder, and matted with a vanilla piece.  I added another small strip of vanilla using the same edge punch, wrapped some Twill Tape around that base layer, and added 3 vintage brads to the side with my mat pack and paper piercer.
My sentiment is made from one of those "label thingies" - clearly I don't remember what it's called, but I bought it at Michael's.  It's great for customizing what you want to say.

I stamped the Cheeky girl onto Gina K luxury ivory CS in Versafine Onyx Black ink, and embossed her with Clear EP.  I coloured her in with Copics, and cut her out with a thin border around.  I added some black Sakura Glaze pen to the stripes on her uniform, and I added the Crystal Effects to the bow and the boots for some GLOSS.  I mounted her on with foam dots for some dimension.

Here is another view so you can see the SHINE:

That's it for today - hope you enjoyed, and thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

CraftyC said...

This is gorgeous Robin. I love the colours and what a beautiful stamp!
Clairexx