Monday, June 21, 2010

Showcase Monday: Sisters

Hi All,

Thanks for joining me on this lovely Monday in June!  Every Monday, The Town Scrapper blog has a showcase where all the Scrapettes get to show you projects they made using images that are sold at The Town Scrapper!  Phebe sells Mo Manning, so I chose her image called Stepsisters for my card.

Now, I don't have a stepsister, but I have a real sister, and I thought this image would be perfect for her upcoming birthday on June 30!  I would be the younger one on the left...

My card base is Whisper White.  Next, I added another white piece, which was embossed with the Cuttlebug Happy Birthday embossing folder, and matted with a Basic Gray piece.  I added some zigzag stitching all the way around that layer.  I wanted to keep the base simple, so that the focus would be on the main image.

I stamped the sisters in Memento Tuxedo Black ink onto Neenah Solar White CS, coloured them with Prismacolour Pencils, and cut them out with Label Two Nesties.   I added some ink around the outside to make the white stand out a bit on the white background.  There are also a few small dots of Fruit Punch Stickles on the pink dress - I was always the more girly one. LOL

I think my sister will like this - it will remind her of how annoying I was to her when we were young!

Make sure to stop by the TTS blog and check out what the whole DT are showcasing!  If you want any of the images, or need to ask Phebe any questions, you can contact her by email at info@townscrapper.com or by phone at 519-882-0623.

Hope you enjoyed, and thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

Kelly Schelske said...

They look like trouble those two!! Cute card Robin!

Ann said...

That card is awesome. Love the dry embossed background.

FitterTwit said...

I'm with Kelly... I gotta have this stamp! LOL! You did an AMAZING job with this image too! The muted tones you used made their attitudes really show... LOVE IT!

Tricia said...

Super card Robin! Love this DELIGHTFUL duo! They really pop using a white background.

Dawn said...

It's just too cute, Robin! I'm thinking I now need this stamp to remind my sister how annoying she was to me as a child *bahahahahaa*.