Saturday, June 19, 2010

Purple Wedding

Hi All,

No challenges today - just an elegant card I made for a girl at work - she needed something, as she was attending a wedding this weekend.  It is an SUO card (Stampin' Up! only).  Except fot the edge punch (shhhhh).

She said they were having a Lilac/Purple theme, so I incorporated that colour with black and white.

My card base is Elegant Eggplant.  The next layer is Basic Black, with a Whisper White mat.  The white was punched with the Fleur de Lis EK Success punch.  I think that one is so striking! 
Next, I took a piece of Whisper White, and stamped it with my Bella Toile background stamp using Versamark, then embossed with black EP.  That was matted with an Almost Amethyst piece.  Around that base layer, I tied some white organdy ribbon, and added a hat pin from the Pretties kit with a bunch of beads and pearls.

For the sentiment, I cut a strip of Whisper White, and an Almost Amethyst mat, and I stamped Congratulations on with Basic Black ink.  I added 3 half-back pearls to that panel as well.

Well, that's it for today.  Hope you enjoyed, and thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Kelly Schelske said...

It's beautiful Robin!

yvette said...

Wow. What a fabulous card. I love the congratulations stamp, I think I need it! lol