Saturday, June 12, 2010

InStyle Colour Challenge: Where's the Party?

Hi All,

***Scroll down for the Some Odd Girl blog hop!
We are playing along with the colour challenge for this month over on the InStyle Stamps blog.  Once you're done here, head on over there to see what the whole DT have done, and to submit your own creation.  Virginia always has some awesome prizes to be won!  This month's inspiration is a very juicy, colourful fruit...tomatoes!  Taylor chose this picture for everyone:

For those of you that love tomatoes, I bet this picture makes your mouth water!

Here is my card:

My card base is So Saffron.  Next, is a layer of Haiku DSP with a Basic Black mat.  I wrapped some miscellaneous ribbon around that.  For the next panel, I took a Whisper White piece and sponged it with Bashful Blue ink to make the clouds.  I stamped the sentiment "Where's the Party?" with Basic Black ink and a small alphabet set.  I took a green piece from the Haiku DSP pack, and cut it with my Martha Stewart grass edge punch, and layered that onto a black piece. 

I printed Beach Dude onto PTI White CS, coloured him with Copics, cut him out, and mounted him on with Dimensionals.  This guy is a pretty buff dude - I wouldn't mind staring at him on a nice day at the beach.

Hope you enjoyed, and thanks for stopping by!  Don't forget to play along to win an awesome prize!

7 comments:

Taylor said...

AWESOME coloring on him!!! And the sketch you used is terrific!

Janelle Stollfus said...

Wow, I lvoe that paper and your dude IS awesome! Great job.

Kerry said...

Who wouldn't want him at the party, he is just so so COOL! Love the grass and the sky background. AWESOME-NESS!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Love your card for the color challenge, that grass border punch is really neat! Your "man" is pretty cute too ;)

Scrappychick said...

Your dude is awesome, and you rocked coloring him!

Angela said...

He is one COOL DUDE and he's here to start the party!! Love the whole scene you created!!
Hugs:)
Angela

Jodi Collins said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this! He is SO fun! FAB card!