Sunday, November 9, 2008

More Magnolias

Hi All,

Once again, I have been distracted by my Magnolias. There are some cute Tildas that have come out in the Holiday and Winter '08 Collections.

For the first card, I used one of my leftover Top Note die cuts, and stamped the icicle chimney in Palette Noir ink. I stamped Tilda on a separate scrap of white CS. I coloured the chimney with my Copic markers (E27 & E29, with the Blender "0"). I tried to colour all the bricks differently, so it wasn't too boring.
I added some blue (B00) to the icicles - that helps when you are colouring something that's white. It makes it look a little more crisp. Then, the icicles were covered in Crystal Effects, for a raised, glossy feel.

Whenever I am trying to choose colours for Tilda, I always pick my Designer Paper first. I knew I wanted to use the Bella Rose DSP, so I went with these colours for her (in Copic markers): YG03 (for the braid down her sweater), and R20 & R29 for her sweater and her leggings. Her skin is done with E000, E50 & E51, and her cheeks have YR00 on them. I also added some Shimmerz onto her leggings for a tiny bit of sparkle (you can't see it in the photo though).

I used a Martha Stewart edge punch for the white "lacey" part at the bottom. The ribbon is one from the new pack in the Holiday mini catalogue from SU. It happened to match perfectly! The flowers are as follows: the top 3 are from Close To My Heart, and they are sponged with Pink Pirouette, Ridinghood Red, and Kiwi Kiss. The flower on the bottom is Ridinghood Red CS, punched out with the 5-Petal flower punch. They are put together with a Close To My Heart Bigger Brad in white.


The next card is also a holiday one. I chose the Frosty Day DSP (also from the Holiday mini) for my colour scheme. This is one of my all-time favourite Christmas Designer Paper packs - it might have something to do with the fact that I LOVE the colour Tangerine Tango. This time, I made Tilda a blonde.

For her outfit, the marker colours were: E27, E29, R02 & R08 for her sweater. For her leggings, I used B21 & B28.

For the ornament, I used E27, E29, B21, B28, R08, YG03 & Y11. I kind of regret making it look so colourful...it looks kind of like a Yin-Yang sign. Oh well.

The ribbon is the Striped Tangerine Tango Grosgrain ribbon.
The flower is all SU this time. The bottom flower is Tangerine Tango CS punched with the 5-Petal Flower Punch. The next layer is a white snowflake from the Felt Flurries pack in the Holiday mini catalogue (so cute!), and the top flower is from the Flower Fusion 2 Accents & Elements pack from SU. They are put together with a rhinestone brad from the Pretties kit.
Hope you enjoyed and thanks for stopping by!

No comments: