Sunday, November 23, 2008

Frosty Magnolia

Hi All,

Wow, a busy week for me. I haven't had time to stamp or post anything. Anyway, I am still on my Magnolia + Copics kick, so here is another winter/holiday card with Tilda.
Sorry about the picture quality today. Probably had something to do with me taking them at night.
Well, I stamped Tilda onto Whisper White CS with my Palette Noir ink. I coloured her with my Copic markers. Isn't she cute? I cut her out, and set her aside (added her on later).
My card base is a 10 1/2" x 5 1/4" piece of Sage Shadow folded in half. From the front flap, I ripped the bottom edge off, and added a strip of Wintergreen DSP (retired SU), which was punched with a Martha Stewart edge punch. That was adhered to the back of the ripped flap, so that it lined up with the other flap of the card.
I then added a piece of Handsome Hunter to the front. For that, I used a ripped piece of paper as a mask, then sponged the bottom section with Whisper White Craft ink. That had to dry. But it kinda looks like a snowy hill!
The buttons at the top are from SU's Soft Subtles collection, tied with Linen thread, and adhered with mini glue dots.
For the letters, the "rosty" was stamped in Handsome Hunter ink, using the Whimsical Alphabet Lower (retired, but I will always hold onto that one!). The "F" is from a sticker pack by Close To My Heart. I covered the letter with Liquid Applique (white) and Dazzling Diamonds glitter, and let it dry. Then, I heat set it, and it became puffy, like snow! I thought it made a cute addition.
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: