Sunday, September 21, 2008

The other 5 Xmas Cards from Xmas in September

This post is actually a part 2 to a much earlier post. I had posted 1 out of the 6 cards I made for my Xmas in September stamp camp, and here are the other 5. A lot of times (if I haven't got the time to design complete originals), I will CASE cards, or parts of cards from fellow stampers. This was definitely one of those times : )


This card uses the Big On Christmas stamp set with Holiday Treasures DSP.

Whisper White and Old Olive CS, as well as Old Olive Grosgrain and Ridinghood Red Taffeta Ribbons across the centre.

The Designer Label Punch was used with the Level 1 Hostess Set call Best Yet.

The ornament was stamped a second time, coloured in, cut out, and mounted on Dimensionals.









The second card uses the same colour combo. I punched out squares of DSP with the 1 3/8" Square Punch and scalloped the bottom edge of the Ridinghood Res CS.

The Level 2 Hostess set called Deer Friends was used here with the Chocolate Chip ink pad. Also used the 1 3/8" Circle Punch and the Scallop Circle Punch.






The third card uses my favourite Christmas set of all time: Holiday Lineup. Colours are Pacific Pointe, Whisper White, and Basic Black.
The BG is called Sanded, stamped in Pacific Pointe ink on White CS.
The snowmen were stamped on the main panel in black, then stamped on a white scrap, coloured in, and punched out with the 1 1/4" Circle Punch.

That was mounted on a 1 3/8" Circle of Pacific Pointe. This technique is called Spotlighting. It's easy and very effective!

The sentiment is from the Curly Label bundle using the Curly Label Punch.
If you click on the picture (to view the larger version), you will be able to see that I used Crystal Effects to make icicles and sprinkled some Dazzling Diamonds glitter on them.





The fourth card uses Real Red CS with the Real Red Patterns DSP from the Hostess Level 1 reward. There is a wheel on the right side (hard to see) - it is called Jolly. The main panel uses a snowflake from Snow Burst. That is stamped on Very Vanilla CS in Real Red ink, and punched out with the 1 3/8" Square Punch. I added some of the Tombo adhesive to some of the points, then added the red chunky glitter.

I wanted to frame everything with black, but i thought that would be too harsh, so I used Basic Gray instead.










The last card uses the set Holy Triptych. I think this set is so beautiful, but I always worry about religious cards at my camps. Only because you don't know which guests will be okay with which cards.
When I saw the original of this card, I just thought it was gorgeous. The base is Baja Breeze, and the main background panel is Pacific Pointe, stamped with Encore Gold ink using the (retired) French Script BG stamp.
I also used Brushed Gold CS, and some black to make it pop. The image is coloured with Watercolour Pencils and an Aqua Painter.
I showed everyone how to use the masking technique with the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig (although we have done that before). Everyone is usually so scared to use that contraption because they have no idea what it's supposed to do. Sometimes it's a necessity when "eye-balling it" just won't do.
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: