Wednesday, September 17, 2008

My Sample for KWerner's Challenge #23



WOW, huge computer issues today. I will have to post details later.

*Added Sept. 20*

OK, so here are the details. The card base is a 10 1/2" x 5 1/4" piece of Whisper White CS folded in half. Then, there is a 5" x 5" piece of Chocolate Chip. I used a polka dot stamp from Close To My Heart on the left side with Versamark, and embossed with dark brown EP (retired SU).

On top is a piece of So Saffron, and then some Chocolate Chip DSP (retired) with some paper piercing (paper piercer and Mat Pack). I used some of the Old Olive Rub-Ons (retired) from the SAB 2008 catty.
The piece of Whisper White has "Birthday Celebrations" stamped using Bravo Burgundy and Old Olive Stampin' Write Markers.
There is a Pumpkin Pie Circle and a Bravo Burgundy Scalloped Circle (both Nestabilities), and the flowers from Upsy Daisy are stamped in Pumpkin Pie, and highlighted with the White Gel Pen.
There is also some 5/8" Chocolate Chip Grosgrain Ribbon around the base layer.

I didn't end up liking this colour challenge as much as in past. It's probably because I used the colours badly. I should have toned it down a bit...but what can you do when it's late at night?

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

Love the card -- Great image! :)

Shawntel said...

I like all the different panels you made! I also like the scallops! Great Job!