Sunday, April 6, 2008

White Plus only 1 colour...Groovy Guava of course!

So, I have done another challenge from over at SCS. It is LSC162 (Limited Supplies Challenge #162). The challenge was to use any tools, embellishments, layers, etc that you wanted...but, you can only use white + one other colour. AND, you weren't allowed to do monochromatic cards either (that's where you have lots of different shades of one colour)...nope, just white + 1. I chose Groovy Guava because I LOVE it, and because I had a pack of Groovy Guava Prints Designer Paper I wanted to use.

I hope it's not considered cheating if I coloured in the image with a couple of other colours...not too sure.

On the left half of the card, I used my Cuttlebug with the Distressed embossing folder. On the right hand, I used the DP, and a white panel with the definition from Bloomin' Beautiful stamped all over it. I did a lot of sponging and ink swiping across the panels to make it look distressed.

I raised a couple of the flowers up on pop dots, and covered them with Crystal Effects to get a bit of 3-D shine. I also outlined the main image with my Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker to get more definition and "Pop".

Hope you like it!

No comments: