Saturday, January 19, 2008

Pretty Amazing Challenges

Hello All,


Well, I have received my main order from the new 2008 Catalogue, and I am soooo excited!



I have combined 2 of the challenges from SCS for this card. The first challenge was the sketch challenge (SC159), which is the VERY general layout for the card. So that is where the idea for the card base and the other 2 panels came from.

The second challenge was the colour challenge (CC148). This specified the colours to use were Wild Wasabi, Barely Banana, and Blue Bayou.

I was itching to ink up my new rubber (the Pretty Amazing set).

For the Hummingbird, I stamped it in Black on Whisper White CS, then watercoloured it with my Aqua Painter and my Barely Banana and Blue Bayou ink lids. After that was dry, I covered the bird in 2-way Glue Pen, and then in Dazzling Diamonds Glitter.

For the green flower, I stamped it in Wild Wasabi Ink on Wild Wasabi CS and cut it out. Then, I stamped it again on Whisper White CS in Wild Wasabi ink, and only cut out the inner flower. The smaller flower was then layered on the larger flower to crete dimension. The rest is pretty self explanatory.

Recipe:
SS: Pretty Amazing
CS: Barely Banana, Wild Wasabi, Blue Bayou, Whisper White, Blue Bayou Prints DP
Ink: Basic Black, Barely Banana, Wild Wasabi
Other: Crop-A-Dile, Mat Pack, Jumbo Eyelets Antiwue Brass, Sponges, 2-way Glue Pen, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Dimensionals, Blue Bayou Double Stitched Ribbon, Aqua Painter

No comments: