Friday, January 25, 2008

2 More Challenges!

Hello All,


Wow, I'm on roll! I have almost done a whole set of chalenges for 1 week! The first post is from SCS's Limited Supply Challenge.
This week, it was back to Backgrounds. With these Limited Supply challenges, you are given guidelines as to what you can or can't use to make your project.
This week:
- 1 or 2 background stamps, 1 main image set, 1 optional sentiment (NO Cuttlebugs or Designer Papers)...I chose Tres Chic & Sanded as my BGs, and Fabulous Flowers as my main image and sentiment set.
- 2 colours and 1 neutral...I chose Taken with Teal, Apricot Appeal, and Very Vanilla
- Only quick tools (again, no Cuttlebug)...I used my Crop-A-Dile
- Simple Embellishments...I used a few Brads




For the sentiment, I inked up "Dare to be Fabulous" in Apricot Appeal, then I went around the edges with my Teal Marker, then stamped. That's where the 2 colours come from.
For the flower, I stamped the image 3 seperate times on CS, and cut out 3 different layers. I sponged each layer with Teal ink, then put them together and added 3 brads to the centre.

Recipe:
SS: Fabulous Flowers, Tres Chic, Sanded
CS: Very Vanilla, Apricot Appeal, Taken with Teal
Ink: Apricot Appeal, Taken with Teal
Other: Crop-A-Dile, Vintage Brads, Dimensionals



For the second project, it is the Technique Challenge. Every week, SCS gives you a technique to incorporate into your project (or the technique IS your project in this case). These are called Pixie Pouches. The name came around because people fill them with Pixie Sticks (sticks of sugar), but you can fill them with anything that will fit.

Here's how to make it (SO simple):
- Take a piece of cardstock or Designer Paper that is 7" x 7"
- Fold it in half, so the dimensions are 7" x 3.5"
- Unfold it and lay it flat
- Along that fold line, cut from the top, down to the 1.5" mark (there should now be a short vertical cut in the middle of the sheet, at the top)
- This will make your front flap
- Fold this piece down
- I secured the 2 open sides with red roll Sticky Strip
- Decorate, and you're done!

Recipe:
SS: Wild Rose, Define Your Life, Rough Edges Alphabet ("G")
CS: Ginger Blossom Desgner Paper, Very Vanilla
Ink: River Rock, Blue Bayou, Mellow Moss, Basic Black
Other: Double Rectangle Punch (to thread the ribbon), Caramel Gingham Ribbon, Linen Thread, Crop-A-Dile, Neutral Eyelets, Sticky Strip
Technique, Two-Step Stampin'

No comments: