Thursday, January 24, 2008

CC150 and SC160 Challenges

Hello All,

So I have participated in 2 challenges on SCS - the colour challenge and the sketch challenge for this week. I never have enough time to make 2 seperate cards, so I always combine them. It usually has an interesting result. I like these challenges because they push me out of my boundaries.


For instance, I never would have put these colours together: Blue Bayou, Soft Sky, and Real Red. But ta da...it doesn't look half bad!

It was a very nice sketch (layout) also.

For the background, I used the Pretty Petals BG stamp. I stamped it first with Blue Bayou ink, and let it dry. Then, I stamped with Versamark and embossed with White emboss powder.

I stamped the hummingbird with Blue Bayou ink, and watercoloured it with my Aqua Painter.

I used my mat pack and Crop-A-Dile to space out the Jumbo Eyelets. And the small and large oval punches for the embellishment on the Inspire piece.

Recipe:
SS: Pretty Petals (BG), Pretty Amazing, Big Deal Alphabet (for the letter "i"), Define Your Life (Sentiment)
CS: Blue Bayou, Soft Sky, Real Red, Whisper White
Ink: Blue Bayou, Versamark
Other: Crop-A-Dile, Jumbo Eyelets Antique Brass, Mat Pack, Dimensionals, Sponges, Large Oval Punch, Small Oval Punch, Ticket Corner Punch, Circle Rhinestone Brad Ice, White Emboss Powder

No comments: