Thursday, August 26, 2010

A Tiny Sneak Peek

Hi all,

I have something really fun to show you...Some Odd Girl will be having an AMAZING release on September 21, and the DT will be showcasing some new images here and there up until the release!  I made a card to throw in for the following challenges:

- C.R.A.F.T challenge 64: Inspiration piece - I took the colours, and the sugared candy feel.  I actually missed the deadline for that challenge, but I used the picture anyway.  However, I will be using my card for this week's challenge: anything goes!

- Charisma Cardz challenge 33: Die Cuts - I used my Nesties!
- Crafty Catz challenge 46: Buttons and Butterflies
- Crazy 4 Challenges challenge 51: Sketch - I had to move my sentiment slightly

- Sassy Cheryl's Challenge 26: Polka Dots
- Stamp With Fun challenge 73: Card for a girl
- Digi Doodle challenge 21: Anything Goes

Here it is:

Kristy is releasing a whole whack of Tiny Tias and Tiny Tobies, so I am giving you a sneak of Bu'fly Tia and Friend (notice that her friend is a ladybug).  Also we will be having a really fun competition coming soon, but that's all I'm gonna say about it...you'll have to keep your eyes out!

I used Whisper White and Kraft CS for the card base.  On the large panel, I added a bunch of multi-coloured circles of different sizes, which I covered in clear glitter to mimic the candies in the inspiration pic.  My oval is a die cut from Nestabilities, and I ran the Bermuda Bay piece through with my Swiss Dots embossing folder.  I added 3 So Saffron buttons to the left side, and I punched out some butterflies with a Martha Stewart punch using coral CS.  The sentiment is from Stamping Bella - it really goes with everything!

Tia was printed onto Neenah Solar White CS, coloured with Copics, cut out and mounted with pop dots.  You should stop over at the SOG blog to see what challenge is running - you have a chance to earn free digis from Some Odd Girl!  You should also check out the freebie for this month, if you haven't already!
Hope you enjoyed, and thanks for stopping by!

Challenges:
- C.R.A.F.T. challenges 64 and 65: Inspiration photo and Anything goes
- Charisma Cardz Challenge 33: Die Cuts
- Crafty Catz challenge 46: Buttons and butterflies
- Crazy 4 Challenges 51: Sketch
- Sassy Cheryl's Challenge 26: Polka dots
- Stamp With Fun challenge 73: Card for a girl
- Digi Doodle challenge 21: Anything Goes

4 comments:

Robin said...

Love what you did with the image... great colours!

Janelle said...

So extraordinarily cute! Love Tia colored so pretty and the inspiration candy, is fabulous!

Silke Ledlow said...

AWWWWWW Robin, your card is so cute and what a fab design!!! You rocked the sketch...thanks for playing along!!! Hugs ~S~

StampOwl said...

you are the winner from last week's C4C challenge ... check out this week's blog post to find out how to claim your prize