Saturday, July 24, 2010

SOG Teams Up With Card Patterns!

Hi All,

Some Odd Girl is sponsoring this week's Card Patterns Sketch #74!  This is so much fun and 2 of us Oddies got to participate as well!
Here is the sketch:


Here's my version:
My card base is Pretty In Pink CS, and all my DSP is from the SU Petals & Paisley pack.  The next layer is DSP, matted with Whisper White and Basic Black, and I added some zig-zag stitching around it with my Janome Sew Mini.
The panel across the bottom is DSP, Basic Black, and Whisper White, which was punched with my Martha Stewart fence edge punch.  The panel across the top is just a white piece with a black mat with stitching, and underneath is a piece of twill.  The 3 buttons on the left are threaded with Linen Thread, and attached with Mini Glue Dots. The sentiment is an SU rub-on, cut out with a Modern Label Punch.

My image is called Nana Split - from Some Odd Girl!  I printed it onto PTI White CS twice, coloured them with Copics, and cut them out.  The second image I used for layering.  I also added some red Stickles to the cherry for some sparkle.  The panel behind the split is Rectangle Nesties with white CS, and a black mat.  I added some sponging to the white rectangle with Pretty In Pink and Regal Rose inks.  I added 3 more butons to the right side, and some stitching to that panel.
Make sure to head over to the Card Patterns blog to enter your own creation with their sketch and try to win some SOG stuff!  Also, remember there is always a challenge running at the SOG blog, so head over there if you haven't already!
Hope you enjoyed, and thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Scrappychick said...

Robin this is just awesome girl!! Fabulous piecing and coloring :)

Angela said...

Hi Robin!! Girl this card is fab!! I love all the colors and all the layering you did!! GORGEOUS!!! Hope you ahve a great rest of the weekend!!
Angela

Janelle Stollfus said...

Oh my word! This card is amazing. Everything is just awesome...