Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Card Patterns 65: Some Odd Girl Dino

Hi All,

I decided to play along with the current sketch over on the Card Patterns blog: CP 65.  It was nice, and simple, and I really enjoyed it!  Here is the glimpse:

Here is my take on it:

I started off with a Kraft base.  I added 4 round buttons (tied with Linen Thread) to the corners with Mini Glue Dots (I think they are Rose Red colour).  The square at the back is a plain Whisper White piece, then there is a blue strip from the Bali Breeze DSP pack, which I distressed.  On top of that, there is a green piece of Bali Breeze DSP, which was also distressed.  I took a piece of Old Olive CS, and cut it with my Martha Stewart grass punch, and stuck it on top of the green square. The sentiment is from SU's Vintage Labels set - stamped in black ink onto a white scrap, and punched out with my Word Window punch, and adhered just below the white square. I attached another button to the right side of that.

I printed the Dino image from Some Odd Girl onto PTI White CS, coloured him with Copics, cut him out, and mounted him onto the grass.

I thought this would be a cute card to give to a kid - they love animals and bright, fun colours!

Hope you enjoyed, and thanks for stopping by!

No comments: