Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Kraftin Kimmie Challenge 22: Eyelets!

Hi All,

I wanted to get a card in (just under the deadline) for Kimmie's challenge #22 from the past 2 weeks - to use eyelets on your project.

Here she is:

My card base is a really old In Color from SU (from 2006, can't remember the name). It's a mixture of purple and blue.  That is followed by a Whisper White layer, then a Soft Suede layer.  I actually embossed that layer, but it got lost because of the size of the main panel on top, so I won't bother mentioning it : )

The main panel is a Whisper White piece with a Basic Black mat.  The white piece has Soft Suede ink sponged all around the outside,  I stamped Lavinia in Memento Tuxedo Black ink onto that piece, and coloured her in with Copics.  I also stamped the mechanical gear (Lavinia's accessory) around the outside with Soft Suede ink.  I stamped the sentiment from Steampunk Sentiments in Black ink just off to the right side.

For my eyelet portion, I decided to make some spirellis.  I used Spellbinders Spirellabilities to cut out the white pieces, then used some black thread to go around them.  I added Pewter jumbo eyelets to the middle of each one.  Pretty simple, and fun!

Hope you enjoyed, and thanks for stopping by!

No comments: