Monday, March 1, 2010

Farm Fresh Friday: Got Dessert? And the Club Anya Sketch

Hi All,

I saw a couple of fun challenges over at the Greeting Farm and Club Anya.  The first one is this week's Farm Fresh Friday challenge: to create a project with a dessert theme.  I also used the Saturday Sketch for this week from Club Anya - here is a glimpse of it:


I decided to make a birthday card for this one.  I don't have very many stamps with food in them, so I had a slim choice.  I chose to use Birthday Anya because she has a big fat piece of cake on her head!  My DSP is SU's retired Washington Apple pack. I LOVE those papers...I wish I had bought an extra pack.

My card base is Whisper White.  I punched out a Real Red and a smaller Whisper White scallop circle with Nesties and stuck them on.  I then cut a rectangle of yellow DSP and matted that with Real Red CS, and mounted that on top of the scallops.  Then, I tied some Red Gingham Ribbon in a knot around that base layer.  I used the same DSP and Real Red CS for the 2 photo corners as well.

I then cut out a circle of the checker DSP and matted that with a Real Red circle from Nesties and mounted that on with Dimensionals.  The sentiment is from an SU set stamped in Basic Black ink onto Whisper White CS and cut out.

Anya was stamped onto Neenah Solar White CS with Versafine Black ink and embossed with Clear EP.  I coloured her with my Copic markers, cut her out, and mounted her with Dimensionals.

Hope you enjoyed, and thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Sue said...

Hi Robin, thank you for your good wishes on my Pirate card I really did have so much fun making that one, you have some gorgeous creations on your blog, beautiful colouring, Happy Crafting to you, Suexx

Pam Varnell said...

What a sweet card with the CA&F sketch. Love the way you colored Ms. Birthday Anya. Beautiful card Robin.