Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Ballerina Birthday

Hi All,

A girl at work asked me to make her a birthday card to give to her niece - she said she likes pink, and sparkly things...

My card base is Rose Red CS, followed by a layer of Whisper White, and Raspberry Tart DSP.  Across the bottom of that, I added a Whisper White strip punched with an SU edge punch, and then a Pretty In Pink strip.  I stamped the Happy Birthday sentiment in Versamark and embossed with White EP.

I added a bunch of pink rhinestones (from Michael's) to the punched edge, and also to the sides of the light pink piece.

For the main panel, I cut a piece of DSP with my oval Nesties, and matted that with a Rose Red piece and a scallop Whisper White piece.  I stamped Ballerina Anya in Memento Tuxedo Black ink onto Neenah Solar White CS, coloured her with Copics, cut her out, and mounted her on with Dimensionals.  I coloured her Tiara with a pink Atyou Spica Glitter pen.  I also added some pink Stickles to her shoes, and to the middles of some of the flowers on the DSP for some added sparkle.

Hope you enjoyed, and thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Martina said...

What I gorgeous card! The image, the layout, the colors, just everything is so awesome!

Angela said...

Love the colors you used in this Anya card!! So girly!! I also love the layout!!
Hugs:)
Angela