Friday, February 26, 2010

MTSC62 & FTTC55: Peony

Hi All,

Well, I have been working on a couple things behind the scenes, so I haven't been able to post in a few days.  However, I am participating in 2 challenges with this card: MTSC62 (Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge), and FTTC55 (Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge).  The Flourishes challenge was to use flowers (um, I thought those were the only stamps I owned!).  The sketch is here:


I actually used my retired Crew Kids Girl Simply Scrappin' Kit for the papers in this one.
My card base is Basic Gray.  Then, I added a circle of the DSP from the kit (cut with my Coluzzle), and distressed the edges.  On top of that, I added a block of another DSP from the kit with distressed edges.  The photo corners are self-adhesive die cuts from the kit, but I added some silver pearls (Michael's) to each.  I also added some silver pearls to the top corners on the card base.

I tied some striped Wild Wasabi ribbon in a knot around that layer.

I cut a smaller circle out of Neenah Solar White CS with my Coluzzle and stamped the main flower from Peony in Memento Tuxedo Black ink on.  I coloured it with my Copics, then stamped the word "Peony" along the bottom of the flower, and added another pearl to the "o".

The sentiment is from a Close To My Heart set called Treasure Life.  I stamped it in black ink onto a Whisper White strip, with the end cut into a "v".  I added an SU Mini Library Clip to the end of that, and attached it with Dimensionals.

Hope you enjoyed, and thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Monique said...

What a beautiful card..I love grey and pink!! What a great job you did coloring your peony!!

Cindy Haffner said...

BEAUTIFUL work on the sketch Robin.

Sue said...

Hi Robin, thank you so much for your good wishes on my Pirate card it really was so much fun to make, you have some fab cards on your blog, I love this Peony one, this is my favourite flower, Happy Crafting to you, Sue xx

Silke Ledlow said...

FABULOUS!!! I love your card Robin!!!Perfect Sketch and flower card!!! The colors are striking and you know I love those yummy pearls!!!

Thank you for playing along with us :)!!! Hugs ~~S