Saturday, April 25, 2009

Zindorf Dedication Week: Card 1

Hi All,

I decided to do a brayer/sponging class this month, because a lot of my ladies are pretty intimidated by the brayer. So, where better to find the ideas for the projects, but Michelle Zindorf's blog. I chose a select few cards that I thought we could do, and I definitely made them a bit simpler. The first card I borrowed is HERE.




I used the set Echoes of Kindness (Hostess Level 2 set) for the flowers, and Lovely As A Tree.

The flowers were stamped with Versafine ink, and embossed with Clear EP. They were then coloured in with markers, then covered with the Versamarker, and embossed with Clear EP again.

Then, I sponged More Mustard on the bottom half of the card, then Handsome Hunter in the bottom left corner.

I brayered Bashful Blue ink onto the top half of the card, and then Not Quite Navy ink (not fully covering the Bashful Blue). I then stamped the tree in black ink, coloured the trunk with a Sahara Sand marker, and sponged Handsome Hunter on the leaves. It was layered onto a Pacific Point piece of CS, and onto a white base.

Check out Michelle's tutorial on her blog! She is brilliant with her brayer!!!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: