Monday, April 20, 2009

Verve Challenge Cards

OK, well, guess what...it's raining today, which means not a good opportunity for pictures. I think it's a sign, so I'm just going to post the ones I have.

Verve released some new stamps on Friday, and they were having a competition this week to win free stamps. Let me tell you - it is my lucky month, because I won one of the grand prizes: all of the stamps they just released on Friday! Woo hoo! I can't tell you how happy it made me! We had to make 4 cards, according to specifications set out by Julee from Verve. Here we go.

First Card: VSAPR1











This was a sketch challenge, so we just had to follow the layout she gave us. I found this one quite difficult for some reason.

I used Fifth Avenue Floral and Sincere Salutations from SU. The flower was stamped in Versafine Black ink and embossed with Clear EP. I coloured it in with my Copics, cut it out, and mounted it onto the square with foam squares.

The sentiment is done with my Circle Nestabilities, and the square and circle panels are sponged with Baja Breeze ink.

The DSP is from the Urban Oasis pack (LOVE IT), and the black strip is punched with a Martha Stewart edge punch.


Second Card: VSAPR2




The second card is a sketch challenge as well. I used my Slumber Party Specialty DSP as the basis for the colours.

I made the scallop medallion with my Scallop Edge Punch from SU, using the tutorial HERE.

The stamp set is Upsy Daisy, and the words are from Define Your Life. The white buttons are from the Button Latte pack...the rest is history.



Third Card: VSAPR3





The third card, I have already published on here, so I won't go into the details again. Just thought I would show it with the other cards : )




Fourth Card: VSAPR4



The final card was a colour challege: soft blue, soft yellow, and soft brown. So, I took out my Delicate Dots DSP (from Sale-A-Bration this year), and paired it with some Close to Cocoa CS for the layers.
The stamp is Agnes KETTO from Stamping Bella (see my sidebar for the link). I stamped her onto SU Watercolour Paper in Staz On Jet Black ink, and watercoloured her with my Aqua Painter and SU markers. She was cut out with Nestabilities and my Big Shot.
The ribbon is a retired Wide Organdy, and the butterflies are punched with a Martha Stewart punch. The outside is also paper pierced with my piercer and Mat Pack.
I got the layout for this card from Mercy's blog. Check out THIS post.
Phew! Thanks for stopping by!
P.S. My Web Finds for this week will have to wait until tomorrow (2 days late! Yikes!).

No comments: