Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I Stink You're Sweet Card

Hi All,


Here is another card we made at my Valentine's Day stamp camp this month. It's a fun one - not tooooo romantic. Would also be a good card for kids.


It uses the stamp set called Pun Fun - there are a lot of really great images in that one. I stamped it onto a 2" x 2" piece of Very Vanilla CS in Basic Black. Once dry, I coloured it with an Aqua Painter and ink, and used some markers on the flower.



I mounted that onto a 2 1/8" x 2 1/8" piece of Certainly Celery CS, and then onto a 2 1/2" x 2 1/2" piece of Pacific Pointe CS.




The base is a standard sized Very Vanilla piece folded. I cut out a square template the size I wanted it (out of a scrap), and then positioned it onto the card base where I would like my focal point to be. Once positioned, I used my Versamarker pen to outline around the template (i did a couple of layers, because the pen isn't as sticky as the ink pad). I then embossed with silver EP and my heat gun.


That is how I made the embossed frame.





Then, I mounted my blue square in the middle of that with foam squares. There is also some detail in the bottom corners using my Mat Pack, and my Crafter's Tool Kit (paper piercer).





Hope you like it! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: