Sunday, January 4, 2009

1st Valentine's Day Card of 2009

Happy New Year all!

Well, it's been quite some time since I have been able to stamp and post.

I will be holding a stamp camp this month featuring some lovey dovey cards. This first one uses the stamp set Loads of Love, which is a classic. It came in my starter kit! The colours are Close to Cocoa, Ridinghood Red, and Pink Pirouette.
The main panel is a 2 3/4" x 2 1/2" piece of Whisper White CS, then there is a Close to Cocoa mat 1/8" larger, and a Ridinghood Red mat another 1/8" larger. The image is coloured with an Aqua Painter and Classic inks.
The hearts were stamped on a separate piece, coloured in, cut out, and mounted on top with foam squares.
The base is a 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" piece of Close to Cocoa folded in half, and layered on top is a 5 1/4" x 4" piece of Whisper White. The Pink Pirouette strip is 5 1/4" x 2".
I used the Everyday Flexible Phrases set for the sentiment, and I punched it out with the Curly Label punch.
The circles on the right side are Ridinghood Red, punched out with my 1/2" Circle punch, and I used silver brads on each one.
The ribbon is the Ridinghood Red Taffeta.
I was hoping that the brown would make it a little less girly, and a little easier to give.
Hope you like it and thanks for stopping by!

No comments: