Friday, April 6, 2012

Bellarific Friday: Our 7th Sketch for thisYear!

Hi all,
Well, looky here...I had computer problems again.  My posts are supposed to go live at midnight on Fridays, and my internet was giving me trouble yesterday.  So, I wasn't able to schedule my post, and I wasn't able to send my card to Emily!

So, all is in working order, and I can continue on with my schedule!  Phew.

So, first off, Happy Good Friday!  We get a holiday today, and I'm stoked to get a long weekend!  And Happy TGIF!

So, our Bellarific Friday challenge this week was to make a card with the sketch below:


Here's mine:

I went for a really simple card - all neutral colours.  My cardstock is all Sahara Sand, my patterned papers are from SU's Manchester pack, and my mats are black and white.  Sometimes, I really like the neutral palette - you could also do it with Kraft paper - also really effective.
The butterfly is from Martha Stewart - I am in LOVE with her embellishments!

I stamped Posie Pixie onto Sahara Sand CS using Memento Tuxedo Black ink, and coloured her totally with Prismacolor Pencils and OMS.  I only used my black and white pencils, and also the Cool Gray 90% pencil.
I added a bunch of glitter dots all around her for some girly sparkle!

Next week's challenge???  A Shower Card! Just make a card for a bridal or baby shower, or there can be rain in the image!  Use any image sold at Stamping Bella, and send to Emily (emily@stampingbella.com) by Thursday night.  You will be entered to win some Bella Bucks (aka, free products) and your card will be published on the Bloggabella!

Enjoy the holiday weekend!

Hope you enjoyed, and thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Oh I love when you make a card in these neutral tones - beautiful!!

Kerri said...

this is one of my favs...love it and thks for listing the colors used..going to try one..