Saturday, March 5, 2011

Puddle Jumping in Spring


Hi all,

I am playing along with a challenge this week on the Cute Card Thursday blog.  This is their 154th challenge, and they want us to make a spring-inspired project!  Woo hoo!  I am so ready for spring - I can't take much more of the wind and the slush and the snow...

Here's my card:
I chose to go with a very Clean & Simple (CAS) layout this time.  My card base is PTI White, then I have a piece of Kraft coloured DSP from SU's old Textiles Specialty pack, matted with Basic Black, and the corners were rounded with my punch.
On the Kraft piece, I used my Label 4 Nesties to emboss a frame, and I added some random stitching with my Janome Sew Mini machine. 
I also added an SU rub-on to the left side.

I printed the BRAND SPANKING NEW Puddle Hoppin Tia from Some Odd Girl onto PTI White CS!  Kristy just released a whole whack of adorable images on March 1, and you have GOT to check them out if you haven't already!
I coloured her with Copics, cut her out with a thin white border around, and mounted her on with foam dots.  I added some Crystal Effects to her umbrella and her hair to look like rain drops - some fun texture!

Don't forget - we always have a challenge running over on the SOG blog, and there are a lot of other fun things going on too!

That's it for today - hope you enjoyed, and thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Leah l'Orange said...

oooohhh, ROBIN! i absolutely LURVE this. the CAS design, the kraft, the soft colours, the stitching and the embossed frame. PERFECT!

Janelle Stollfus said...

Ackkkk! ADORABLE! This is the cutest ever!

Deb said...

Beautiful card, the image is sooo adorable, love her, so perfect for our spring theme, many thanks for joining in the CCT challenge, hugs debx

Carlie M. said...

Robin!!! This card is absolutely fantastic!!! I love it!! So glad to be able to design with such a talented person like you!! :D