Thursday, April 22, 2010

Some Odd Girl Stash Challenge: No DSP

Hi All,

This week's challenge over on the Some Odd Girl blog is to make a project with no designer papers!  Now, I know there are some fanatics out there that cannot make anything without those special papers!  For me, I usually use them, but I can do without if I have to.
I used the adorable Curtsy Kaylee for this card. I {heart} her!!! She is perfect for colouring!

Here it is:

My card base is Marigold Morning CS, then a layer of Whisper White, then Basic Black.
For the main panel, I took a piece of Whisper White CS, and stamped the sentiment in Basic Black ink.  It is from a Close To My Heart alphabet that is made for stitching.  Can you guess what I did all last night?  Yup, stitched those letters in!  I used some black thread and a needle to hand-stitch everything.  I matted that with a Basic Black layer, then a Baja Breeze layer.

I printed Kaylee onto PTI White CS, coloured her in with Copics, cut her out, and mounted her on with Dimensionals.  I think this is my favourite Kaylee image!  But, it's really hard to choose...they are all so cute!

By the way, don't forget to download this month' free image: Mae!  She is Kaylee's best friend, and you will be seeing a lot of her coming up on April 20th!!!

Hope you enjoyed, and thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Janelle Stollfus said...

Wow! This is fabulous, I'm going to have to CASE this card. After my fingers have recovered from all the stitchin' I've been doing. Must be the in thing to do right now.

Hugs,

mrsk06 said...

Fab card i adore the stitching its works really well!

Sal xx